Skip to main content

Cupnoodles museum in Yokohama

I enjoy visiting museums in my own country and those abroad, but the Cupnoodles museum in Yokohama, Japan is unique in its kind. I can't believe that there is actually a whole museum dedicated to the history of cup noodles. The most fun part is that you can actually hands-on create your own instant noodles starting from flour in the Chicken Ramen factory. The participation fee of this activity is 500 yen (300 yen for young children), which isn't included in the entrance fee. In the My Cupnoodles factory, you can also create your own customized cup noodles with your own design on the packaging and with the soup flavor (4 kinds) and the toppings (4 out of 12 ingredients) of your choice. It costs 300 yen to make one cup noodle that you can take back home in a travel-proof air package. There is also a Noodles Bazaar, which is decorated to mimic an Asian night market. You can order noodles from 8 different countries (Italy, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Korea, and Indonesia) in half-size servings for 300 yen.  

Opening hours: 10:00 - 18:00 (last admission 17:00)
Admission fee: 500 yen, free for kids that are attending high school and those younger.
Although the initial admission fee seems reasonable, the extra activities and attractions that you need to pay additionally for can add up.  

Be aware that they are closed on Tuesdays!

Popular posts from this blog

Eating at 7-Eleven Japan

Since I did an " Eating at 7-Eleven Hong Kong " for my Hong Kong travel blog, I thought I might as well do one for Japan. ^_^ Most of the times, as a tourist, you can get very tired from all the sightseeing and from trying to speak and understand the local language. Eating at 7-Eleven is then the easiest option. I don't encourage you to eat there every day, but a trip to 7-Eleven once in a while, can really make your life a lot more convenient. That is why they are called convenience stores. ^_^ During my last two stays in Japan, I had went there for an easy breakfast (an onigiri or a pastry) and I had also bought dinner (cold noodles) a couple of times. Food from 7-Eleven Japan that you must try - Pastry. The first thing that wanted to try the most was the melon scented butter bread (aka Melon pan). I had always seen it in manga and anime and it looked quite delicious. The top sugary coated part that is supposed to look like the exterior of a melon has a litt...

Cheap conveyor belt sushi in Japan: Kura sushi

Previously, I already introduced two conveyor belt sushi places to you, Genki Sushi and Uobei , and today, I discovered another one, Kura sushi . All plates of sushi (mostly there are two pieces of sushi on one plate and for some of the more expensive kinds, you get one piece) are just 100 yen. They have special high-tech plates, so you can just grab the plate through the hole in the front and the plastic, transparent, dome-shaped lid will open by itself. You can also order sushi through the touch screen (in English) and it will arrive in the high-speed track located above the regular conveyor belt. I am not sure if this is the case for all of the Kura sushi shops, but on tv, I saw that you can also play a game on the touch screen after you insert 5 empty plates in the slot located at your table. By winning it, you can get a small trinket/toy in a plastic ball. You can find the menu with clear pictures and prices  here . Warm dishes, such as bowls of rice, noodles, and udon wi...

Luxury capsule hotel: First Cabin

Sleeping in one of the hotels of First Cabin is as luxurious as you can get, at least in the capsule hotel category. If you are not familiar with capsule hotels; those are hotels, where you can get a small sleeping space (capsule) that is just about enough to fit your body. Capsule hotels are great for budget travelers in Japan, as you can find them in many places and the rates are about 3,000-5,000 yen per night. You do have to deal with a lack of privacy (as the capsules cannot be locked), use a communal bath room, and to be able to fall asleep in tight spaces. If you are slightly claustrophobic like me, you might want to consider the First Cabin hotels. They have larger sleeping spaces decorated in the same style as the cabin of an airplane, hence the name First Cabin. You can choose between two kinds of cabins: First Class cabin (4.4 m²) and Business Class cabin (2.5 m²). Everyone sleeps in their own individual cabin and men and women are divided in two separate sleeping areas, ...